相信小伙伴們對阿甘正傳的這部勵志電影應該都不陌生吧,那么關于它的一些影視口語伙伴都了解多少呢?以下是小編給大家整理的影視口語精講《阿甘正傳》第19期:阿甘服役結束了。希望可以幫到大家
英語臺詞節選:
Security.
保安
Yeah. Sir,
是,先生
you might want to send a maintenance man
你能不能叫人維修人員
over to that office across the way .
去對面辦公室看看
The lights are off
里面燈不亮
and they must be looking for a fuse box ,
他們大概正在找保險絲盒
'cause them flashlights, they're keeping me awake .
因為他們打著手電,把我都照醒了
O.K., sir. I'll check it out.
好的,先生。我去查一下
Thank you. Good night.
謝謝,晚安
Therefore...
因此…
I shall resign the presidency
我將辭去總統職位
effective at noon tomorrow.
從明天中午起生效
Vice President Ford
福特副總統
will be sworn in as president
將宣誓就任總統
at that hour in this office.
明天此時在這間辦公室
Forrest Gump.
福雷斯甘
Yes, sir!
是,長官!
As you were.
根據條例
I have your discharge papers.
我收到你的退役批文
Service is up, son.
服役期結束了,孩子
Does this mean I can't play Ping-Pong no more?
是不是說我不能再打乒乓球了?
For the army, it does.
對來說,是的
英語學習筆記精講:
1.resign:辭去
例如:Mr Robb resigned his position last month.
羅布先生上個月辭職了。
拓展:resign yourself to屈從,順從的意思
例如:He had resigned himself to watching the European Championships on television.
他只好將就著在電視上看歐洲錦標賽。
2.swear:宣誓
例如:We have sworn to fight cruelty wherever we find it...
我們發誓要見惡除惡。
swear還有咒罵,發誓的意思
例如:It's wrong to swear and shout...
破口大罵是不對的。
I swear I've told you all I know...
我發誓我已經把我所知道的全都告訴你了。
3.discharge:退役
例如:You are being discharged on medical grounds.
出于健康原因你將會退伍。
discharge還有排出,履行(職責)的意思
例如:The resulting salty water will be discharged at sea...
所產生的鹽水將被排入大海。
We have to discharge ourselves of our duties.
我們必須盡我們的職責。