小伙伴們對阿甘正傳的這部勵志電影應該都不陌生吧,那么關于它的一些影視口語伙伴都了解多少呢?以下是小編給大家整理的影視口語精講《阿甘正傳》第18期:阿甘去白宮見合眾國的總統。希望可以幫到大家
英語臺詞節選:
I guess Lieutenant Dan figured
我想丹中尉發現
there's some things you just can't change.
有些事你是無法改變的
He didn't want to be called crippled
他不想被稱為殘廢
just like I didn't want to be called stupid.
就象我不想被稱為傻瓜
Happy new year, Gump.
新年快樂,阿甘
The U.S. Ping-Pong team
美國乒乓球隊
met with President Nixon today...
今天與尼克松總統見面…
Wouldn't you know it?
你知道吧?
A few months later,
幾個月后
they invited me and the Ping-Pong team
他們邀請我和乒乓球隊
to visit the White House.
去白宮
So I went...
所以我去了…
again.
第二次去
And I met the president of the United States again.
并且第二次見到了合眾國的總統
Only this time, they didn't get us rooms
不過這次他們沒有給我們安排
in a real fancy hotel.
酒店套房
Are you enjoying yourself
你玩得愉快嗎
in our nation's capital, young man?
在我們的首都,年輕人?
where are you staying?
你住在哪兒?
It's called the Hotel Ebbott.
埃伯特酒店
Oh, no, no, no. I know a much nicer hotel.
啊,不,不。我知道有家更好的酒店
It's brand-new. Very modern.
是新開張的水門酒店,設備很先進
I'll have my people take care of it.
我會叫人安排你入住的
英語學習筆記精講:
1.figure:想出,明白
例如:I don't have to be a detective to figure thatout.
我不是偵探也想得出。
figure還有認為,算出的意思
例如:She figured that both she and Ned had learneda lot from the experience.
她覺得自己和內德都從這一經歷中學到了很多東西。
He figured up the balance in their checking account.
他算出了他們活期存款賬戶上的余額總和。
2.take care of :照顧
例如:Her work is to take care of the children.
她的工作是照料好孩子。
And I will take care of you, I promise.我保證,我一定照顧你。